Our Take on Safety
Whether it’s concerning health and cleanliness, passenger well-being, or driver preparedness for all types of emergency sistuations, Drivley is not just focused on safety… we’re obsessed with it. Below are just a few of our standards and policies.
OUR COMMITMENT TO HEALTH SAFETY
Covid-19 & Cleaning Safety
Covid-19 & Health Safety
Drivley encourages all drivers and passengers to follow local government and CDC guidelines regarding COVID Safety.
- All drivers and passengers must wear a mask during the entire ride until further notice.
- All vehicle equipment is cleaned and sanitized throughout the day.
- Drivers are provided cleaning supplies and protective gear such as masks in all vehicles.
- In the event a driver is showing symptoms of COVID, tested positive for COVID or has been in contact with a COVID positive individual they must notify Drivley immediately for further guidance to cancel assigned riders temporarily. Drivers must present a negative COVID test to resume duties with Drivley.
- In the event a passenger is showing symptoms of COVID, test positive for COVID or has been in contact with a COVID positive individual Drivley advises passengers to contact Drivley immediately for further guidance to cancel future rides temporarily. Passengers must present a negative COVID test to resume services with Drivley.
- Maryland’s current law requires children under 8 years old must ride in an appropriate child restraint unless the child is 4’9 or taller. Every child from 8 to 16 years old who is not secured in restraint must be secured in the vehicle’s seatbelt, in every sitting position in the vehicle. (Note: Drivley does not provide car seats. You must provide your own. You may review the State of Maryland Child Passenger Safety Program here.)
- Drivers will comply with all child passenger safety and traffic laws.
- Drivers will ensure the safety of all passengers by driving responsibly and paying attention to their surroundings on the road.
- Those booking rides will receive text or email alerts to notify them of their Driver status before, during, and after the trip.
- Passengers must stay in their seats with seat belts on at all times.
- Minors under the age of 13 must sit in the back seat.
- Trips are tracked by management using Real Time GPS tracking software.
- Caregivers receive notifications along the way with an open line of communication while your children are in our driver’s care.
- Optional Code Word: Those booking rides may give Drively a code word to verify with your passenger before leaving for their destination.
In addition to undergoing a rigorous vetting process, all members of the Drivley team must meet these requirements:
- Possesses a valid Maryland Drivers License
- Supplies driving record in good standing
- Undergoes a background check completed in line with the lawful guidelines of the State of Maryland
- Has at least 3 years of relevant childcare or adult homecare experience
- Does not appear on the National Sex Offender Registry
- Submits fingerprints
- Maintains Commercial Auto insurance coverage by Drivley which meets the State of Maryland’s required Limits.
- Operates vehicle – Passenger Class: C (2009 or newer) owned by Drivley
- Maintains valid Maryland Vehicle Inspection
- Adheres to strict Code of Conduct Policy (see here)
- No consumption of drugs or alcohol while driving any motor vehicle